Many people are turning to solar because it’s a green and cost-effective solution for sustainable energy. And if you’ve recently decided to power your home with energy collected through solar panels, the next step is to install them.
Installation typically takes between three to four days, depending on the complexity of the solar panel system you purchase and how many panels you get. This article will explain what you can expect before and during the solar panel installation process.
Before home solar panel installation
Before installing solar panels in your home, you’ll finalize the plan with Star Enrg. Our customer service representatives and solar energy agents will help you determine how many panels you’ll need to power your home and how much electricity is required throughout the day.
In addition, you’ll also talk about how much solar panel installation will cost you, along with any financing options and tax incentives you may qualify for. Be sure to ask how much money you can save monthly on your electric bill by switching to solar. And in states with state-specific tax incentives, like Florida and California, ask to find out what the entails.
The home solar panel installation process
Several steps must be taken to ensure solar panels are installed correctly on your home. These include:
- Setting up the work site. The solar panel team will begin your home solar installation by setting up the area for work. They will find the best place to install the panels, typically without shade or objects obstructing the sun. They may also set up scaffolding, so they can easily climb up and down during the project.
- Install the mounting system. This structure is the base of what supports the solar panels. It’s generally installed at an angle between 18 and 36 degrees to allow for maximum exposure to sunlight.
- Install the panels. Once the solar mounting system is in place, the team will position and install the solar panels using screws, nuts, and bolts. This can typically take between one to two days.
- Installing wiring. The solar panel team will turn off your home’s electricity while working on the wiring. During this step, they will install wiring that will connect the solar panels, allowing them to gather energy and convert it into electricity that can be used to power your home. The solar inverter is also installed at this same time, along with the battery if it is included in your system.
- Connect the meter. A meter will need to be installed during your home solar panel installation to track how much electricity is being produced by the panels and used by your home. The system will also connect to the city’s electric grid at night or when the solar panels are not producing energy.
- Testing. Once installation is complete, your solar panel team will ensure everything runs properly. They’ll turn on your system and get it going for the very first time.
Get in touch with Star Enrg for home solar panel installation.
If you’re looking to install solar panels for your home or commercial property in Delaware, Star Enrg is here for you. Schedule an assessment now by calling 302-397-8917 or through our contact form. We’ll walk you through the process and help you determine if a solar power setup is a good fit for you.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our services. We look forward to welcoming you to our growing Solar Grid of more than 1800 systems under warranty.